Start a new home insurance claim

We always suggest contacting your broker for beginning advice on a property claim.  Between them and your adjuster, you will be guided through the claim process, what to expect, what you are responsible for doing and when, and how it may affect your policy.
Only property claims on SGI Canada policies can be submitted through MySGI. If your property policy is with another company, please contact your broker for advice.
  1. Login to MySGI.
  2. Under the menu item Claims, click Submit a property claim
  3. Complete the form as required.  After selecting loss date and location, the following page will ask for claim details. Enter details of what happened and what is damaged. e.g. Water heater leaked, damage to flooring and walls in storage room and bedroom in basement, or windstorm caused damage to shingles on our roof and portions of our fence.